My kids and I have been using Sarah Young’s Jesus Calling, 365 Devotions for Kids for the last year as part of our homeschool week so when I heard that she was coming out with a new devotional for kids I jumped at the chance to review it. This new devotional, Jesus Today, has the same format and style as her previous devotional and has just as wonderful content as the first one did.
Each day’s devotional is written as though Jesus himself is speaking to your kids. It’s in their language and easy for even the youngest kids to understand. Each day’s reading takes only a few minutes to read and includes several scripture references in the International Children’s Bible version which is easy for a child to read and understand.
I especially love that each day’s content stands entirely on its own. So if, like me, you’re not so good with routine or structure, you can easily pick up the devotional and pick up right where you left off without feeling bad for missing a day or two.
Here are some great ways to use this devotional:
- Give it as a gift to an older elementary age child along with a journal or sketch book. The child can use the daily devotionals to inspire a time of response to God (either with their words or with drawings).
- Use it in your homeschool as a read aloud & discussion time.
- Use it along with your homeschool or Sunday School curriculum
- Have a family devotional time each day or even each week using the daily readings to inspire a family discussion time.
- Choose a scripture from each reading to memorize as a family.
In addition to the wonderful readings and scriptures presented throughout this lovely devotional, there are also occasional quotes from a variety of people that are both inspiring and easy for kids to comprehend and hold on to. Sarah Young has given us another beautiful resource to inspire our kids to spend time with Jesus every day. This devotional will help your children learn more about Jesus’ love for them and why they can trust in His promises and how they can spend time with Him every single day.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.