I was so thrilled to receive this Bible to review! I have five kids, two of them are in the age range that this Bible is intended for (they are 8 and 9) and I know this will be a really helpful tool for them. Kids love to pray – they just do. Sometimes I feel that they have a natural instinct to want to talk to God, whereas adults would rather to talk to everyone else in the world first before coming before God. I believe that kids naturally know how to pray, but often they don’t know what they can pray for or what to expect after they pray. This Bible is such a wonderful resource to help them understand the concept, the process and the results of prayer. The Big Dreams Big Prayers Bible for Kids is from Zonderkidz and comes in the NIV (New International Version). Here are a few of the things I love about this Bible:
- Throughout the Bible there are highlighted verses that reveal specific words about conversations with God – these are verses about prayer or are actual prayers prayed by the people of the Bible.
- There are devotionals throughout the Bible as well that show examples of conversations with God. These devotionals are specifically written for kids to help them understand what it looks like to take our struggles, failures, fears or situations to God in prayer.
- The beginning of each book of the Bible has information about that book (who wrote it and when, why they wrote it, for whom they wrote it, and a summary of sorts of what they’ll find in that book). These are written in such a way that a child would easily understand what to expect.
- The Bible is gender neutral. The bright and fun colors would be appreciated by either a boy or a girl – which is great if you have both boys and girls in your household, which I do.
- In the back of the Bible, there is a prayer journal for the child to record their prayers to God. This is my favorite part of this Bible!
- There are also a few full color pages throughout the Bible – one on how to pray, one on the Lord’s prayer, one on the Ten Commandments for kids and a few others.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.